Sunday, May 29, 2011

SAVVY SHOPPING, Couponing and Eating!

I have had a few requests for me to post more on my shopping/spending and cooking again like I used to!
Ok I will try to be better at that!   I went tonight and used about 1/2 of what I need to use that will be expiring in the next few days / free coupons etc I still have more to go through tomorrow and will probably hit Kroger Tuesday ............ in the mean time

I went to Food Lion tonight!   I don't like to spend more than $40 - $45 a week on Groceries and I like to eat WELL so I always use several shopping strategies to make that happen .  (see article here to catch up if you need to)

TONIGHT I bought $149.85 in Groceries, Spent $20 (rebate checks) and paid $26.61 out of pocket..........
what I bought:
Lays Potato chips
Thomas Bagels
Bakers Coconut
Post Great Grains Cereal 
Orbit Gum
Max. House Coffee
2  - 12 packs of soda
1 dz. glazed donuts
Breyers Butter Almond 1/2 gallon
4 - Flavored Creamers
Ore Ida Sweet Potato Fries
Piladelphia Cooking Cream Cheese x2
Egg Beaters 
Breyers  Triple Chocolate
6 large Freshetta Pizza
Uncle Bens Rice
ALL FOR $26.xx


Now you may ask WHERE ARE YOUR MEATS?  FRESH VEGGIES?  ETC?
note that I have a FRIDGE FULL of these items and also have a RELAY FOOD CREDIT to use
next week for $50 that I have yet to redeem 


I will try to be more diligent in matching up what I cook with what I buy so you can get the idea but right off the top of my head I see at least 1 meal of frozen pizza next week,  breakfasts will be covered with bagels, cereal and donuts, drinks, snacks all covered, coffee is a necessity here and oh yea some ice cream for desserts...........   I will def. look at using the Egg Beaters for a Quiche of some sort  And the Cream Cheese will def. be used with some Pastas ............ All that I need will be the meats (got those) and I am all set..........of course the teenager in the house will say we "have nothing to eat" but yes we do we have plenty , maybe not exactly what you see on TV but yea we have plenty! :)

I love the SUMMER BOXES of produce from ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES so I will be hitting them up this month and next for sure as well! :)