I am a little late but well better late than never, right. Finally got round to creating an advent calendar for our family. The inspiration was from Martha Stewart and is created simply by stacking matchboxes on top of one another. It requires 24 matchboxes and lots of double-sided tape. I then glued the shimmery paper around it and on the front of each matchbox tray and used a label-machine to create the number labels.
I played around with a different arrangements to try to be creative but I liked the simple look best. It was the quickest way to do it and I managed to complete this craft in under one hour. I am quite happy with the look cos it is versatile enough to be used year after year.
Now, I just need to fill the boxes tonight (haha, I can start from day 8) and then I can show it to the boys in the morning.
I love the idea of counting down to Christmas - only 16 days to go! Are you ready for Christmas?
