November is the month of birthdays because both my kids have birthdays that fall in November. I chose to do a combined party again this year with a disney medieval theme. I combined the disney theme for K with the medieval theme for J.
I bought the mickey cut outs on etsy and made my own mini paper bunting. I made larger ones too (see image above) and decorated the house with them. These were quite simple to make. I just cut out the paper and folded it over the string and taped the paper together. Then glued the mickey cut outs on the flags. Jaeden actually helped me to stick the paper over the string while I cut the paper. It was quite a simple and fun mother and son project.
I packed little party snack boxes for each kid and labelled each one with their name. Inside the box, there was a mickey-shaped ham and cheese sandwhich, disney cookies, trail mix consisting of sugar peanuts, mickey-shaped cheddar bites and broken up pockey sticks. The food was a hit with the kids and that kept them quiet for a short while during the party.
I baked the cakes in a bundt tin that I bought from the US and had my sister cart it back for me to save on shipping. It was really simple. I used a chocolate cake recipe from Hersheys and a banana bundt cake recipe from Dorie Greenspan. Will post the recipes shortly. I also created simple cake decorations for their castles. Flags with the mickey cut outs and Happy Birthday banners. Jaeden had knights all around his chocolate castle and Kirby had Mickey and Minnie guarding his banana castle.
I love that Kirby managed to blow out his candle.
Kudos to Stephen who captured such great photos of the day!




